Robert E. McPeak
Areas of Practice
- Nevada, 2003
- U.S. District Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, cum laude, 2003 (Concentration in Business Organizations and Finance Law with Honors)
- A.B., with distinction, University of Michigan, 2000
Robert E. McPeak practices primarily in commercial real estate and business transactions. Mr. McPeak has received an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating™ (the highest rating available) by Martindale-Hubbell® and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Real Estate by Mountain States Super Lawyers.
Mr. McPeak’s broad-based real estate practice encompasses every phase of property acquisition, financing, development, management, leasing, and sales. His experience extends across all commercial property types, including core retail, office, industrial, multifamily, planned communities, condominiums, mixed-use developments, casinos, hotels, and time-share projects. Mr. McPeak is also experienced with real property tax appeals.
Mr. McPeak’s represents:
- Local, regional and national developers in connection with construction and development agreements and other project documents, including CC&Rs, reciprocal easement agreements, shared-entry arrangements, and joint venture agreements;
- Buyers and sellers in the negotiation and closing commercial real estate transactions (including options and rights of first refusal/ rights of first offer);
- Landlords and tenants in the negotiation and preparation of retail, office, industrial, and ground leases, with tenant-improvement matters, and in the resolution of lease disputes;
- Borrowers, guarantors and lenders in commercial real estate loan transactions, including loan documentation, financing opinion letters, note acquisitions, workouts, receiverships and foreclosures;
- Real estate brokers, property managers and receivers.
Mr. McPeak regularly advises Nevada corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships and their shareholders, members, managers, and partners on matters of entity formation, governance and ongoing operations, including commercial credit and equipment finance.
- Represented a national homebuilder with the formation of common-interest communities and the negotiation of development agreements, shared-entry agreements, public offering statements and other sales-related disclosures in southern and northern Nevada.
- Represented a buyer in the $46 million acquisition of two single-tenant NNN-leased outpatient medical facilities in Clark County, Nevada and the assumption of the existing CMBS loan.
- Represented an investment management firm in the acquisition and financing of a 160-unit value-add apartment complex in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented the developer, as local counsel, in connection with the financing of a 70 MW solar PV generation project, the financing of a 20 MW utility-scale solar power project, and the financing of and title issues with 5 MW solar project.
- Represented a global investment manager in nationwide leasing matters for a start-up healthcare portfolio company, including the negotiation of master construction and architectural contracts.
- Represented a major telecommunications company in the lease of a 104,000-square-foot facility in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented borrowers, guarantors and lenders in commercial real estate loan transactions totaling over $350 million since May 2012, including the borrowers in the acquisition of the underlying real property collateral.
- Represented borrowers, guarantors, note-buyers, lenders, and loan servicers in workout and enforcement matters, including receivership sales, REO management, and disposition engagements involving over $3 billion of distressed commercial real estate loans in Arizona, California, and Nevada.
- Represented a syndicate of senior secured lenders in the workout and restructuring of a $470 million construction loan secured by a mixed-use retail and office center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented a national homebuilder in the restructuring of its Nevada holdings.
- Represented a locally-based national developer of a master-planned community in various homebuilder bankruptcies and defaults under development and profit participation obligations.
- Represented the seller in the $27 million disposition of a 325-unit apartment complex in Reno, Nevada.
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers Mountain States “Rising Star”(Real Estate Law)
- Desert Companion’s Southern Nevada’s Top Lawyers
- Martindale- Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- General Counsel, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- State Bar of Nevada, Real Property Law Section
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association), Southern Nevada Chapter, Government Affairs and Education Committees, and Developing Leaders Institute, Class of 2013-14
- Presenter of continuing legal education seminars covering commercial real estate transactions, title insurance matters, and distressed loans and portfolio management
- United Way of Southern Nevada (NWSN)
VEGAS INC. Nevada’s homebuilding industry, long plagued by sometimes-spurious litigation under construction-defect laws, commonly known as “Chapter 40,” found relief Feb. 24, 2015, in the form of Assembly Bill 125….
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.