Robert E. Armstrong
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for Nevada
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- LL.M., New York University School of Tax [Taxation], 1980
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1979
- B.S., Santa Clara University, 1976
Robert Armstrong is a member of the Trust & Estates, Business Entities & Transactions, Tax Law, and Real Estate & Land Use Planning practice groups. He has more than thirty-seven years of experience serving clients as an attorney with this firm, and as a non-practicing certified public accountant. Robert Armstrong focuses his practice on estate, gift, generation skipping, and income tax planning for high net worth individuals and closely held businesses, in the administration of trusts and estates, in business and real estate transactions, and in the formation and operation of family trust companies. Mr. Armstrong also has extensive experience in the area of charitable giving and tax exempt organizations. He chairs the firm’s Business Entities & Transactions practice group. Mr. Armstrong also represents clients in the area of state and local taxation including the Nevada Commerce Tax.
Mr. Armstrong has frequently lectured on Nevada trust law, family trust companies and tax matters at national and local seminars and forums. He serves on the Trust & Estates Section Legislative Committee of the Nevada State Bar and is a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Business Planning Committee.
- Rothschild Trust North America
- Damonte Ranch Master Planned Development
- Professional Sports Representation, Inc.
- Chief Author: Decedent Estates Chapter of the Nevada
- Civil Practice Manual (Lexis Nexis Publications) (1990 – 2015)
- The Best Lawyers in America© – “Lawyer of the Year” (Tax Law)
- The Best Lawyers in America© – “Lawyer of the Year” (Real Estate Law)
- The Best Lawyers in America© – “Lawyer of the Year” (Corporate Law)
- The Best Lawyers in America© – “Lawyer of the Year” (Trust & Estates)
- The Best Lawyers in America© (1993-2017)
- Nevada Business Magazine – “Legal Elite”
- Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate (also served as state chairman)
- Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Emeriti Trustee, University of Nevada Reno Foundation
- Former Chair, University of Nevada Reno Foundation Investment Committee
- Co-Founder and Trustee Emeritus, Community Foundation of Western Nevada
- Former Trustee and Past President, Catholic Community Services of Northern Nevada
- Director and Past President, Athletic Association University of Nevada
- Former Director and Past President, Reno Philharmonic Association
You have chosen to send an email to McDonald Carano. The sending or receipt of this email and the information in it does not in itself create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not already a client, you should not provide us with information that you wish to have treated as privileged or confidential without first speaking to one of our lawyers. If you provide information before we confirm that you are a client and that we are willing and able to represent you, we may not be required to treat that information as privileged, confidential, or protected information, and we may be able to represent a party adverse to you.
I have read this and want to send an email.